People are what make a place truly sustainable.
The CCS provides academic research and services to benefit communities, completes large-scale research projects, provides research and educational opportunities for graduate students, and convenes leaders in the field for dialogue on global practices concerning sustainable development and construction.
What we Do
- analysis of cultural contexts and historic patterns of land use
- heritage conservation in master planning and urban development projects
- research on cultural assets, historic sites, and world heritage
- documentation and condition assessment of cultural heritage sites and resources
- consultation on heritage conservation practices or treatments
- research on adaptive use of existing buildings as a “green” endeavor
- assessment of building maintainability and durability
- financial analysis of real estate investment and heritage tourism
- analysis of new technologies applied to specific cultural contexts